The Canadian freight industry has been making widespread changes over the last few years. Freight companies are implementing more rules and regulations when it comes to deliveries and they are passing the costs on to the shipper. Due to this, we are having to adjust our shipping guidelines. Below are some guidelines that we would like to make you aware of:
- Damage/ Missing Items: Customer must notate any damage or loss at the time of delivery. All notations must be written on the delivery receipt at the time of delivery. If it is not notated and the damage is concealed or the shipment was dropped without signature, it must be called into the delivering terminal & Flex Court Canada within 48 hours of delivery. We understand that a customer may be ordering an item with the intention of installing at a later date. We ask that you the customer inspect the items they received to make sure there is no damage and/or missing packages. If the customer waits beyond 48 hours to report, Flex Court Canada will not be able to file a claim against the freight carrier and the replacement for missing/damaged item will need to be purchased.
- Inside Delivery: Flex Court Canada does not authorize any inside delivery charge. Should a customer ask the driver to take the product into a garage, backyard, side yard or anything other than up to the driveway, it is considered an Inside Delivery and that fee will be passed on to you the customer. Please be informed the freight carrier is only responsible to deliver their shipment to the end of the driveway.
- Storage Fees/ Re-delivery: Please make sure we have your direct number. The freight company will call you directly to schedule the delivery. An incorrect number can lead to storage fees due to you not being available. Storage fees will also be applied if you are unable to receive the delivery within an allotted amount of time. This is usually within 48 hours of the destination terminal receiving the freight. Re-delivery fees may occur when you scheduled the delivery and then you are not present when the freight company arrives to deliver. In that event, the freight will be taken back to the dock, this will cause a delay in delivery and re-delivery charges will apply.
- Reconsignment: If the SHIP TO address changes for any reason after the shipment leaves our dock, the freight carriers charge us a reconsignment fee. This reconsignment fee is charged to us regardless of whether the change is the result of an incorrect address on the original BOL or if the change is requested by the customer. Additionally, the freight company bills us this charge whether the new address is 1 block away or a different town. Please let us know the SHIP TO address that you have provided must be the correct address or additional charges will apply.
- Detention Fee: If you are not able to unload the shipment within 30 minutes of the driver arriving, the freight company will charge a fee for the amount of time it takes to unload. It is up to the customer to have the correct equipment to unload their order. Most single units & residential deliveries are able to utilize a lift gate, but some larger portable units and large quantities are not. If you have any questions, please us know.
We strive to provide the best customer service from start to finish. We ask that you help us by informing us how to properly receive shipments. This way, claims can be filed properly and extra fees avoided. As always, we will do whatever is possible to help mitigate the cost of shipping fees and or replacement parts as situations arise.
Thank you for your continued business.
Flex Court Canada